Next month will be Rachel and Peter's one year wedding anniversary. The couple got married during Memorial Day weekend last year at The Villa at Lifetime Weddings and Events located in Westminster, California. It was my first time DJing at The Villa and I really liked how it was a hidden gem in Orange County. I wanted to share their playlist and a few fun photos from their wedding.
I've known Peter since we were in high school and he's even been to a few of my earlier college DJ gigs in Orange County and Los Angeles. He has great taste in music, particularly hip hop during the Golden Era or music from the early nineties. Rachel wanted music to reflect the warm and romantic design of The Villa. Below is a cocktail hour playlist that combines both of their tastes. I call it a "hip, romantic" cocktail hour.
- Talking Heads - This Must Be the Place (NaÃ¯ve Melody)
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Fitz and The Tantrums - MoneyGrabber
- The Cardigans Lovefool - (Kevin Scott long edit)
- Michael McDonald Sweet Freedom - (19Sixty Short Edit)
- Smash Mouth - All Star (Culture Shock Redrum)(Short Edit)
- Simian Mobile Disco - I Believe [VM EDIT]
- Dan Black Yours - (Heat Maxwell Edit)
- Sia Furler - Clap Your Hands
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Robin Thicke Magic - 1Clean
- Eric BenÃ©t - Spend My Life With You
- Mariah Carey ft Camron - Boy I Need You (CLEAN-SINcere Edit)
- Vitamin String Quartet - Ulysses
- Koffee Brown After Party - (SINcere Edit)
- The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby (VM SHORT EDIT)
- Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
- Ryan Adams - Wonderwall (Oasis Cover)
- Handsome Boy Modeling School - Breakdown (CLEAN) (Drew Pierce Short Edit)
- Smokey Robinson - One Heartbeat
- Citizen King - Better Days [VM EDIT]
One of my favorite highlights was during their first dance, Peter started break dancing in his tuxedo! It was a very special surprise for his new bride. In fact, Peter contacted me ahead of time without Rachel knowing to mix in his song.
The wedding was amazing and what made it more fun where Rachel and Peter's guests. They really knew how to enjoy themselves and danced the whole night!